Thursday, April 10, 2008

9 Apr 2008

Gastric flu again. Took the day off. Went to Outram Park to see the doctor, on the side note that Polyclinics Outram charge a consultation fee of $4.40 as compared to Polyclinics Tampines ($4.50). This makes me look and sound like a "ah-soh"... 10 cents, take MRT ald 50 cents, no difference... Well, got the q number at 9:14. 7130. The number was 7117 when I sat down. The estimated time for the whole process from Registration to Payment was estimated at 2 hours. This proved true, and the polyclinics arent cheating on us. Polyclinics Outram is a majority old population clinic. Those there are mostly Old ah gong and ah mahs and some middle aged people. The nurse that attended to me at the registration asked if I was here for the first time, obviously no, but at Outram, yes. However, there is no link between Polyclinics Tampines and Outram, despite both being under Singhealth. They requested to see my IC, which I will only get next month, to prove my citizenship... Well, got through my saying that it was validated at Tampines. Got 2138 at room 14. 10 Waiting Patients. Took around 30-40 mins to wait. There was a "Mad ma" that yelled behind me... Spent the time preparing for today's test (10 Apr). The doctor's name sounds familiar, (Qi Wei)... Anyway, got diagnosed as gastric flu in the end. Got my medicine at the pharmacy. A funny thing occured, i pushed the prescription too roughly into the box, causing it to fly out and onto the floor. The nurse laughed loudly as well. Being a chemist looks very relaxing, my future ambition? Maybe, I have thought of that before. Got called by a old Chemist at the counter, drawing circles on my medicine... To indicate the number of times i had to eat the medicine. Maybe i should take a photo of it and show you. lol

Left for lunch. Wanted to go to People's Park Complex, but I took 190, which stopped at People's Park Centre... Oh well, had to walk back... Had lunch at People's Park Food Centre. Had Yong Tau Foo, quite delicious, Koo Kee. Did I mention that I had gastric flu? :S A ah peh went around asking people for money. Well, I am the last one one will ask, I am very NIAO when it comes to beggars. Went to get a haircut after lunch at Chinatown point. Those $10 barbers cant get your sideburn off totally... Wonder if that Ms Chua would be so picky? 

Went to have some dessert after that, my favourite Almond Cream, had my medicine before that. After that, took 12 home (7349A). Some smelly smell at the front, think its the oil from people's hair, eww... Started to get drowsy on the ride home.

Thats all for yesterday.